Extreme Reach Releases Q3 2017 Video Benchmarks
Mobile video ad impressions increased significantly over Q3 2016 showing a steady quarter-by-quarter rise.
Video advertising is on pace for a record-breaking year in 2017. Industry research sources like Zenith expect video ad spend to increase by 18% compared to last year. This also comes on the heels of a May 2017 study by the IAB and Advertiser Perceptions, which found that marketers increased their average budget for video by 67% between 2015 and 2017.
Our quarterly video benchmarks, based on 3rd party video ad serving data from the Extreme Reach Platform, provide insight into how video ads are performing for leading brands across multiple verticals.
Key highlights of Q3 Video Benchmarks:
- Q3 2017 saw a significant rise in impressions served on mobile phones compared to Q3 2016 — from 26% to 39% — primarily due to a decrease in impressions served on tablets.
- Click through rates declined across the board in Q3 2017 vs. Q3 2016. While there’s no definitive explanation for the decrease, higher levels in Q3 last year could be due to ads related to the presidential election that put an emphasis on that specific call to action.
- In contrast to the decline in CTR, metrics for both completion rate and time spent are up in Q3 this year over Q3 2016, which are positive signs of consumer engagement with video ads.
You’ll find these data points and more in our full video benchmarks report. We invite you to read on and get in touch if you’d like to know more about partnering with Extreme Reach for video campaigns across every screen, along with our deep expertise in video ad analytics.
Latest posts by Sandy Drayton (see all)
- Three Tips for Building the Cross-Screen Ad Ecosystem of the Future - July 11, 2018
- Tim Conley Elevated to CEO of Extreme Reach; Jorge Martell Promoted to Chief Financial Officer; Jennifer Wambold Named Chief Human Resources Officer - June 26, 2018
- Extreme Reach’s Source Creative Acquires shots, a Global Platform for Curated Advertising Creative and Industry News - June 18, 2018