Extreme Reach, Inc.; Extreme Reach Talent, Inc; Extreme Reach Services Group, LLC; CMC Crew Services, Inc; CMC/Forecast, Inc; and Extreme Reach Production Solutions, Inc. (collectively “Extreme Reach”) are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
- Beacons and Tags: Beacons and tags enable online advertising companies to collect data and serve advertising on websites by allowing communication between a web browser and an ad server. A beacon (or web beacon) is a small transparent image that is placed on a web page. A tag is a small piece of computer code that is run by a web browser.
- Cookie: A cookie is a small text file that is stored in a web browser by a website or ad server. By saving information in a cookie, websites and servers can remember preferences or recognize browsers from one visit to another or from one website to another.
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII): Information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate an individual, or to identify an individual in context.
Information We Collect
- From Advertisement Viewers: Beacons and cookies collect IP addresses and non-PII activity data and ad viewership information.
- From Survey Respondents: All of the above, as well as any brand study related data that is voluntarily shared by the survey responder. None of this information is PII, but some (geographic location, age, etc.) has the potential to become PII if merged with other types of data.
- Publicly shared information: We collect publicly shared information on social media platforms that directly relates to the advertisements and brands of our customers
Extreme Reach does not serve ads in the EU and takes steps to ensure it does not collect data from residents in those countries.
How Collected Data Is Used
- Extreme Reach tracks and logs conversion, click and viewing data from the websites on which we serve advertisements. This anonymous data is used to track general advertising impression and response activities, so our clients can understand which ad experiences are most relevant and resonant with audiences.
- We generate advertising campaign analysis reports for our customers (advertisers and their agencies) using anonymized aggregated non-personally identifiable information.
- We use audience and brand lift survey responses to generate aggregated anonymized reports on the effectiveness of our clients’ advertising campaigns.
- We use publicly available information found on social media platforms to report social sentiment to our customers regarding their advertisements and brands.
Information Disclosed to Outside Parties
Extreme Reach may disclose personal information to our third-party vendors and service providers that work with us. We will only share personal information to these vendors and service providers to help us provide a product or service to you.
We do not otherwise sell, trade, or transfer collected information to outside parties, except as discussed above for the limited purposes of Extreme Reach’s client services. We may also release collected information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
How We Protect Your Information
Security of all information is of the utmost importance for Extreme Reach. We use technical and physical safeguards to protect the security of your personal information from unauthorized disclosure. We also make all attempts to ensure that only necessary people and third parties have access to personal and confidential information.
We require that our third party service providers (1) use confidential information only to perform their obligations, and (2) otherwise maintain the confidentiality of such information. These third party service providers and channel partners are expected to maintain privacy and security protections that are consistent with Extreme Reach’s privacy and information security policies.
Transparency and Choice
Some web browsers (including some mobile web browsers) provide settings that allow you to control or reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer, tablet or mobile device. Although you are not required to accept cookies, if you block or reject them, you may not have access to all features available through our services. For more information, visit the help page for your web browser.
Extreme Reach does not serve ads in the EU and takes steps to ensure it does not collect data from residents in those countries subject to GDPR via our ad serving services.
Extreme Reach recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy and safety of children. Our website and services are primarily directed towards the advertising industry and are not directed towards children.
We have taken steps to avoid collection of any information from individuals under 13 years of age. During the onboarding process, web publishers notify Extreme Reach of any COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance) compliant sites or properties, and we flag those so as not to track or store any cookie-level data nor serve audience or brand-lift surveys. Video metrics such as impression, duration, and viewability are still reported, but lack demographic and geographic details.
Consumers may also take the extra precaution of following the opt-out procedures listed below.
We retain data we collect from our ad serving and measurement services. We may be obligated to retain data for contractual or regulatory reasons.
Changes to This Policy
Consumers can opt-out to suspend data collection for the browser in question. The consumer’s Extreme Reach tracking cookie will be deleted from the consumer’s browser. An Extreme Reach opt-out cookie will be installed on the browser for the sole purpose of remembering and respecting the consumer’s opt-out status.
Please note that Extreme Reach will continue to record consumer activity around a campaign, such as impressions and clicks, even after opting out. Opting out suspends the storage of an Extreme Reach online browser-associated consumer profile.
You can contact email@example.com for requests related to rights of erasure, correction, restriction of processing, and portability.
Last updated: September 2019 to add Privacy Shield Compliance paragraph(s)