Consumers Are Spending 19% More Time Watching Video Ads
Our newly released video benchmark data for Q2 2017 shows a significant increase in consumer response to video advertising versus Q2 2016. The numbers also point to an increasing advertiser focus on mobile. Viewability, completion rates and time spent metrics have all increased year over year.
- The average amount of time viewers spent watching video ads has increased across the board by 19 percent.
- Viewability has seen an overall increase of 20 percent over 2016.
- Completion rates are up by 20 percent, with a 36 percent increase for premium publishers since this time last year.
Taken together, these figures are a signal of the industry’s commitment to improving the ad experience across every screen and device.
View our full report of Q2 Video Benchmarks
Latest posts by Sandy Drayton (see all)
- Three Tips for Building the Cross-Screen Ad Ecosystem of the Future - July 11, 2018
- Tim Conley Elevated to CEO of Extreme Reach; Jorge Martell Promoted to Chief Financial Officer; Jennifer Wambold Named Chief Human Resources Officer - June 26, 2018
- Extreme Reach’s Source Creative Acquires shots, a Global Platform for Curated Advertising Creative and Industry News - June 18, 2018